Tesla CEO Elon Musk gave an extensive interview with CNBC anchor David Faber Tuesday after Tesla’s 2023 annual shareholder meeting in Austin, Texas.
During the hour-long conversation, Musk reflected:
- How he successfully hijacked Twitter past and future. He said, among other things, that Twitter’s Community Notes feature cost Twitter’s business $40 million as it cut back on spending after two of its largest customers received community notes accusing their ads of being deceptive. Stated. He also claimed that Twitter had negative annual cash flow of $3 billion and negative bank deposits of $1 billion at the time the acquisition closed. “The analogy I used was like being teleported to a plane plummeting toward the ground with its engines on fire and out of control…”
- He also defended my tweet The statement was widely criticized for lending credence to the conspiracy surrounding George Soros and the recent Allen, Texas shooting, saying, “I’ll tell you what I mean. If it results in money being lost, so be it.” claimed.
- His personal views and habits on work and productivity. He said he takes only a few days off a year, works seven days a week and sleeps six hours a night.he also said he believed that morally wrong People in the “laptop class” advocate working from home when service workers, such as factory workers, still have to come to work in person.
- Tesla’s ability to navigate volatile economic cycles. Mr Musk said the next 12 months will be difficult From a macroeconomic perspective, it’s a big blow for Tesla as rising interest rates put pressure on consumer budgets. But he said Tesla could use “real-time, on-demand information” from its vehicles to effectively adjust prices.
- he believes Fed rate cut will be too late A slowing economy hurts consumer demand. “Frankly, you can think of the Fed rate hikes as a brake pedal for the economy,” Musk said. “That makes a lot of things more expensive. So if your car payments and mortgage are absorbing a lot of your monthly budget, you have less money to buy other things.”
- what will happen to the world economy If China tries to take over Taiwan. “The Chinese economy and the rest of the world economy are like conjoined twins. is even worse.” So you don’t know where to get an iPhone, for example. ”
- ChatGPT developer early involvement in OpenAIsays it exists Only because they wanted a non-commercial alternative to Google’s growing dominance in AI.. He expressed disappointment that the company had abandoned its non-profit roots. He also said he is no longer friends with Google co-founder Larry Page. “The final straw was Larry calling me a ‘speciesist’ for being more human-conscious than machine-conscious.”
- his political viewsincludes his belief that Joe Biden won the 2020 election and that while the election was not stolen, there was at least some form of voter fraud. He also said he voted for Biden, but hinted he wasn’t happy with Biden’s choice, saying, “I wish a normal person could be president.”
Leave a Reply